How Regularly Should You Get Your Carpets Cleaned?
Here at MyHome, we’re approached regularly to help keep residential properties looking sparkling clean, from top to bottom. From dusting to hoovering, window cleaning and ironing services, we provide all these services and more.
There’s one service in particular however, that seems to attract the same question over and over again.
The service in question is our carpet cleaning service and the question we’re continually asked, “How regularly should you get your carpets cleaned?”
Regular Carpet Cleaning Services By The Best
Everyone knows just how important it is to keep the home clean but when it comes to carpets, many are unsure of just how often carpet cleaning should be taking place.
Carpets are different to other surfaces in that they can often play host to many unwanted surprises such as germs, pollutants and more; what’s more, they can do so while showing next to no tell tale signs.
When it comes to carpet maintenance as we like to call it, there are a few golden rules to remember:
- Vacuum twice a week
- Professionally clean your carpets at least once a year
There are however, a few factors that will affect whether or not you need to increase the frequency of above and they include the following:
- Are there children in the house?
- Are there pets in the house?
- Is there a family member with allergies?
- Are there smokers in the property?
- Does the carpet receive heavy foot traffic?
- Are shoes worn on the carpets?
All of the above will undoubtedly increase the frequency that you not only vacuum your property but also require professional carpet cleaning services.
From messy children to shedding pets, smoke stains and of course dirt and grime from shoes, carpets can find themselves in a rather sorry state thanks to everyday life.
If you answered yes to all of the above, then you’ll no doubt find yourself needing to vacuum at least once a day and when it comes to a professional clean, this could also increase to once every six months too.
The Benefits Of Professional Carpet Cleaning
There are numerous benefits to enjoying professional carpet cleaning and these benefits cover everything from appearance to health. Here’s a rundown of the benefits you could expect to see.
- Extend The Life Of Your Carpet – with regular cleaning, you’re helping to remove the dirt and grime that naturally builds up in the fibres of your carpet. If you don’t have the dirt and grime removed, it will slowly begin to break down the fibres and the carpet as a whole. Deep cleaning at least once a year will prevent this.
- Improve The Look – this is an obvious benefit but a major one all the same. By having a professional cleaning company such as ourselves give your carpets a deep clean, your carpets will naturally look (and smell) much better.
- Remove Dangerous Particles – while many think their carpets look clean, they may be surprised to learn just how dirty they actually are. In between your carpet fibres, dangerous particles can gather. If these aren’t cleaned and removed, you may find those with allergies beginning to see their symptoms worsen. Professional deep cleaning however, can help remove these dangerous particles, leaving your home looking and feeling much cleaner.