Terms & Conditions for Residential Cleaning
In these Terms and Conditions:
” Housework” describes Myhome Home Cleaning
” Housework Regular Customer” means a Housework customer who has booked a minimum of four cleans
” Housework One-Off Customer” means a Housework customer who has booked between one and three cleans
“Booking” means the use of one of our services on one particular occasion.
Myhome intend to rely on the terms included in this document. If you require any changes, please make sure that they are put in writing so that we can avoid any problems surrounding what you and we expect.
3. PRICING & PAYMENT TERMS
3a. Price Changes/VAT
All prices are subject to change and inclusive of VAT. Prices will increase in line with the National Minimum Wage effective every April by the same percentage increase.
3b. Payment method
Housework Regular Clean and Housework One-Off Clean customers may pay by credit card or debit card.
3c. Minimum charges
Housework Regular Clean – £60.00
Housework One-Off Clean – £180.00
Please find below our terms and conditions for our regular house cleaning service.
- CANCELLATION /NON DELIVERY OF SERVICES
4a. Customer Cancellation/Non Attendance
Housework Regular Clean Cancellation. Housework Regular Cleaning prices are set lower than One Off Cleaning prices on the basis that at least four cleans will be provided. If the service is cancelled before four cleans have taken place, those cleans which have taken place will be charged at the full Housework One Off Cleaning rate. After 4 cleans have taken place, cancellations of further single cleans will be charged at 100% where less than 24 hours notice is given, and 50% where between 24 and 48 hours’ notice is given. Four weeks’ notice is required to cancel all future cleans.
Housework One-Off Clean Cancellation. For cancellations within 24hours, 100% fee will be charged. For cancellations between 24 hours and 48 hours notice, 50% will be charged. If Myhome is unable to gain access to the property, as a result of customer failure to make reasonable arrangements for access, Myhome will charge the full cancellation fee.
4b. Myhome Cancellation/Non Attendance
Myhome may be responsible for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement if the losses are a foreseeable consequence. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time the agreement was made. We may not be responsible for indirect losses which happen and which were not foreseeable by you and us.
In such circumstances Myhome will use its best endeavors to arrange an alternative time suitable to both parties for the performance of its services. Where Myhome fails to carry out an agreed service due to circumstances within our control, our liability shall be limited to providing the agreed service at no additional charge at a mutually convenient alternative time and in no event shall Myhome be liable for any other losses including loss of profit or consequential loss.
4c. Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations
Where a booking constitutes a distance contract pursuant to the Consumer Contracts (Distance Selling) Regulations 2013, you will have the right to cancel the contract within 7 days of the formation of the contract, but you will not have the right to cancel the contract where the performance of the Housework has commenced.
5. WORKING CONDITIONS
5a. Health & Safety
In order to protect the home cleaners, they are instructed to carry out an assessment prior to commencing any job and not to enter an environment they consider to be unsafe, dangerous to health, or inoperable for any reason, but are instructed to withdraw from the premises and to report the problem to management for further investigation. In this event the customer will be charged 100% of the cost of the booking, should it be the negligence of the customer. If there has been a charge and when the Housework is rescheduled (after the environment has been rendered safe), the customer will be charged a fee equivalent to 50% of the cost of the original Booking.
5b. Equal Opportunities
Myhome is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We recruit our home cleaners on the basis of their ability to do the job and aim to ensure that all home cleaners are treated equally regardless of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
- USE OF CUSTOMERS’ EQUIPMENT
Our staff are strictly instructed not to use any of your personal equipment while in your home. You agree to permit staff members to use the telephone ONLY to call the Customer Service team on a local number if necessary.
7a. Key holding
Myhome undertakes to provide absolute security for your keys at all times. In the unlikely event of any keys being lost by Myhome, we will make appropriate arrangements as soon as reasonably possible. Myhome shall not be liable for any loss or damage as a result of an unavoidable delay caused by you.
7b. Liability for death or personal injury
Nothing in this contract shall limit or exclude Myhome liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence
In the event of you being dissatisfied with the service you have received from Myhome, you should contact the Myhome Customer Service team within 4 days. Myhome will endeavor to ensure that all your concerns and complaints are resolved quickly and amicably with our Customer Service team.
Damage to/ Loss of Property. In the event of damage or loss as a result of negligence, the liability of Myhome shall be limited (at Myhome discretion) to repair or the replacement cost of the item, as soon as reasonably possible taking into account its age and condition. Myhome shall not in any event be liable for any loss of profit or consequential loss unless caused as a result of our negligence.
9b. Claiming Compensation
Any claim for compensation must be notified to the Customer Service team as soon as possible and in any event within 4 days of the damage occurring.
- USE OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
The information you give will be held and used by Myhome to perform the business for which we are registered. This may include sending you details of Myhome offers and services that may be of interest to you.
Terms and Conditions for Carpet and Upholstery cleaning
- The Company reserves the right to amend the initial quotation, should the Client’s original requirements change or upon inspection of the property by us.
• For bedrooms bigger than 20 square meters and living rooms bigger than 40 square meters the price will increase.
- The Client must provide electricity and running water at the premises where the service is conducted. Failure to provide these is subject to a £50 non-refundable fee.
• The Client is responsible for providing access to the their property at the scheduled time. If keys are provided they must open and close all locks without any special efforts or skills. Failure to provide access to the property is subject to a £50 non-refundable fee.
• Please make sure you switch off your AGA oven or set the heat to minimum from the previous day in order for us to clean it without any risk of injury.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the company, the account is rendered for immediate payment on the completion of the work. The Client must make payment by cash before the cleaner / cleaning team leaves the Client’s premises.
• If card payment or bank transfer is agreed with the customer, it is to be arranged no later than a day before the day of the cleaning. The company reserves the right to cancel an appointment in failure of receiving the card details or bank transfer in advance.
- The Client can cancel the scheduled service by giving prior notice the day before the cleaning, without incurring any cancellation fees.
• We reserve the right to refuse any cleaning job if the condition of the property is hazardous to the health and well being of our operatives.
• The cleaning company has the right to cancel or reschedule a service in cases where an accident or any unexpected circumstances have befallen the assigned cleaning team.
- No refund claims will be considered once the cleaning service has been carried out.
• All services shall be deemed to have been carried out to the Client’s satisfaction unless written notice is received by the Company with details of the complaint within 24 hours of the work being completed. We will fully investigate any complaint and attempt to resolve it to the satisfaction of the Client, or alternatively to a reasonable standard.
• The Client agrees to allow the Company back to re-clean and inspect any disputed areas/items before arranging a third party to carry out services.
• In case of damage, proven to be caused by us, The Company will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired the Company will rectify the problem by crediting the customer with the item’s present actual cash value toward a like replacement.
• While our operatives make every effort not to break items, accidents do happen. Identical replacement is always attempted but not guaranteed. For this specific reason, The Company requests all irreplaceable items (whether monetarily or sentimentally valuable) be stored away and/or not cleaned by the cleaning operatives.
• The Company may require entry to the location of the claim within 24 hours to correct the problem.
• We shall not be responsible for any damage caused as a result of the Client placing furniture on a carpet which has not completely dried.
• The Company shall not be liable for the shrinkage of carpets as a result of poor fitting.
• We are not responsible for any existing damage to Clients property in the form of old stains/burns/spillages etc. which cannot be cleaned/removed completely by the cleaning operative using the industry standard cleaning methods.
• Insurance Any work undertaken us is covered by a Public Liability Insurance.
• We will do our best to make sure your appliances are cleaned to a high standard. However, if they have not been cleaned since they were purchased regrettably we will not be liable for ingrained dirt that cannot be removed using chemicals.
• Freezers must be defrosted in advance. As the timescales for defrosting will not enable us to thoroughly clean it.
• Our Basic or Professional Gardening services do not include waste collection. That is a separate service we offer – please see the junk removal page.
• We cannot guarantee our End of Tenancy Cleaning service when furniture or people are still present in the property at the time of the cleaning.